Sunday, September 1, 2013

So Close And Yet..................

When I started my other blog I made one simple rule, if it doesn't occur on our land it doesn't go on the blog. There have been several times when I have been tempted to cheat but I have managed (so far) to stick to my rule :)
Often in the evening after we have watched the sun set we walk down our driveway and stroll round the neighbourhood. As it starts to get dark it is always intriguing to see what appears. There seems to be a fairly regular Bobcat but I have never yet managed to get a photo of it. Other creatures are equally elusive.


Some creatures announce their presence from on high, like this Cactus Wren.


 Whilst others I have to look very hard for and follow their calls to their parents.


Others are quiet and extremely well camouflaged, toning perfectly with the desert colours.


One thing I am always on the look-out for is snakes. They love to slither onto the warm asphalt which provides great photo opportunities.  This juvenile Western Diamondback was barely a foot and a half long with a little button rather than a rattle on the tip of its tail.



 But what a handsome little chap!


I also have to sometimes act as traffic controller. Standing with the snake waving my flashlight to ensure the snake doesn't get run over. I was happy to ensure that this Long-nosed Snake got safely across the road.



All very close to home but not quite close enough for my one simple rule.

2 comments:

Kathie Brown said...

Celeste, you crack me up! I do love that long-nosed snake. I am so glad that you love the beauty and wonder of nature!

mike said...

fakaza hip hop

Zamusic

zamusic.com


lil wayne funeral zip

lil baby sum to prove mp3 download